|Rome: holiday rentals||
It is very simple.
Payment of the deposit
At the end of the preliminary stage, should you decide to rent a property, we will E-mail you a very
detailed invoice prompting you to 30% (or one third in some selected properties) of the
above mentioned amount by way of account and as deposit to book and secure the
Upon arrival at the apartment, you will have to settle the balance of the rent in Ital.
Liras or US$ or in any western currency.
R: The security deposit is returned at the end of your stay (check out) if you will
have not caused damages (different from those caused by normal use), and once you will
have paid the phone bill (if any).
All bookings are made with Roman Homes acting as agents of the owners in Italy. By dealing with us you agree to the following conditions:
1. Booking: A deposit of 30% (or one third in some
selected properties) of the rent must be paid on booking. No contract with us will exist
until we have received the deposit, and we have subsequently confirmed your booking.
Should you later cancel, cancellation charges will become payable in accordance with
paragraph 3. We reserve the right to refuse a booking or cancel a rental contract
if we experience that candidate tenants disregard moral and ethical principles, or if
their behaviour conflicts with our philosophy of polite and constructive international
2. Payment of the Balance: The balance due reflected on the confirmation/ invoice must be paid upon arrival in Rome, on the day the rental begins and before actually renting the property.
3. Cancellation by you: If you cancel all or any part of your booking, you will not be entitled to reimbursement of the deposit.
4. Amendments and alterations: If you change your dates, this becomes a new rental. Your deposit is subject to the cancellation conditions as explained in paragraph 3.
5. Alterations and Cancellations by Roman Homes: Although it is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to confirmed arrangements, it does rarely happen and we will advise you at the earliest possible date. If, for any reason beyond our control, we are unable to provide you with the property you have booked, we reserve the right to transfer you to a similar property. However, if this is not possible or you do not wish to be transferred, we will cancel the booking and refund the amount paid to us in full. The expences to send you the deposit are charged to us in such cases. We will not be liable for any further obligations or claims by you.
6. Number of Persons/Replacements: Only those persons listed in the booking procedure may use the property. The number of people must not exceed the number of sleeping places indicated in the property listing or brochure except in the case of infants (under four years) for whom you bring a travelling cot and linen, or arrange for this to be available at the property. Pets need to have the explicit permission of proprietors. Should the key holder find any violations to this clause, it is totally up to her/his discretion to ask you to vacate the house.
7. Arrival and Departure Times: You must arrive between 12.00 pm (noon) and 6.30 pm and leave by 10 am on the day of departure unless alternative arrangements have been made in advance. You should plan on providing us an estimated time of arrival at least 10 days before your departure. If you arrive before noon, you can enter the apartment after 10:15/10:30 am to leave your luggage, complete the bureaucratic / economic aspects with the assistant of Roman Homes, and take they keys. If the apartment was not rented the night before you will be able to stay directly. If the apartment was rented, and it hence must be cleaned by the cleaners, you may be asked to leave the property and return after noon, letting the workers do their duty. This is done only to serve you well, or the professional cleaning would not be complete or done well.
8. Utilities and Other Extras: All extras are specified on the property listing and are due in local currency or western currencies cash on arrival or during your stay. If you wish, long distance calls made from the rented property can be put on an AT&T, MCI, Sprint or similar phone credit card. Meters will be read on arrival and departure and the exact charges will be due on departure. We will deduct the cost of any unpaid utilities and telephone charges from your security deposit. Also additional maid service or cooking service must be paid separately. Please give us as much notice as possible for these services.
9. Security Deposit: A security deposit is due on every property. The amount of each deposit will be specified when you contact us. It will be held in a non-interest bearing account (interest-bearing only for long term rentals over 9 months). The security deposit covers the cost of any damage or breakage during your stay to the property and its contents, inside and outside, excluding normal wear. This amount, less any applicable claims (see paragraph 8), will be returned to you at departure. If the damage caused by you exceeds the amount of the security deposit you will be still responsible and you will have to reimburse it.
10. Complaints: We do not accept responsibility for the breakdown of the supply of utilities or other essential services though we will use our best efforts to arrange for these problems to be solved. We must be notified upon arrival at the property, moreover as soon as the occurrence giving rise to the claim appears, and before you vacate the premises. Complaints lodged at the end of the rental period will not be taken into consideration. Should you abandon the property without authorisation from the owner, key holder or property representative you will lose all rights to compensation.
11. Cleaning: You will find the property clean. The property must be left in good order by you at the end of the rental period. If you require special cleaning during the stay, please see paragraph 8. Additional cleaning charges may be assessed against the security deposit if the home is not left in reasonable conditions in the opinion of the owner or his property manager.
12. Behaviour: The person signing the rental contract is responsible for the correct and decent behaviour of his/her party. Should the person and his/her party behave in such a manner that is not acceptable by civilised standards, the key holder may ask the person and his/her party to vacate the house and ask also the intervention of local authorities.
13. Liability: You and your party hold Roman Homes and the property owner harmless from and against any and all liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use and occupancy of the property, including injuries, damages or losses from fire, theft or criminal activity. Roman Homes and the property owner are never liable for consequential damages.
14. Jurisdiction: Both the booking contract and the rental contract are governed by the Italian laws. Courts in Rome, Italy, have exclusive jurisdiction over any claims, disputes or other matters in question between the parties.
Our room booking policy is aimed at reducing
prices as much as we can. On the other hand, the rents in Rome are high (it is a capital
city of extraordinary historical importance). Both reasons do not allow us to accept
reservations too much in advance in order not to have empty periods (on the contrary of
apartments belonging to the "holiday rentals section", which can be booked
ahead). Reservations are made only if a particular room happens to be reconsigned
approximately at the same date in which a potential tenant might want to rent it. The
ideal reservation should be made 15-25 days upon the rental begins.
WARNING: The cost of the rentals that can be found in the presentation of the properties refers to rentals beginning in the near future. If you want to book too far in advance (6-9 months before), the price can be different, as prices (as it is normal) increase with time (inflation, possible amelioration to the property etc.). This point will be clarified and negotiated with us during the enquiry stage. Once the agreement and the deal with you is made, and you have paid the deposit and the initial part of the commission (for long stays), the price of the rental is not liable to increase in any case.
|Enquiries: please click here|